Thursday, July 31, 2008

To the Bab

I lied. Another post from Morocco. I leave in an hour for the bus station and then about 5 hours until I am finally in Casablanca. One major city I have yet to visit. Actually the last of the Moroccan major cities I believe. Unless you count Tangier.

Last night I hung out with the host family. It was such a good decision. We had a big tea during which I got henna done. Then we went to a concert a bab boujloud which kinda sucked but was good to hang out with the siblings. Afterwards they put my in a gellaba and took pictures. Then to my surprise I got to keep it. So overly nice of them. I am really glad I got to know them and live with them.

After living both with a family and with students. I think I will almost definitely always pick family. The experience is just sooo much better.

Well, off to travel. No internet til I get back to the states.

-Jescie

No comments: